Cranberry tea has become widely used in the recent years.
This fact is very positive since there are so many medicinal properties of this tea, thanks to which it should be consumed very often.
What are the basic features of cranberry tea?
Apart from being very beneficial and having numerous medicinal properties, cranberry tea has a wonderful and refreshing taste, thanks to which you will like it whether or not you like other teas.
Thanks to its wonderful taste, you can combine cranberry tea with other teas or even add it to various fruit juices, such as blueberry juice, sour cherry juice or apple juice. Since you can drink it when it’s cold, cranberry tea can be a fantastic and healthy refreshing beverage in the summer.
This use is perfectly combined with its attractive red colour.
What is the content of cranberry tea?
In order to find out why cranberry tea is so beneficial, you should see its content. These are the ingredients of cranberry tea:
– Herbal fiber,
– Vitamin C,
– Vitamin E,
– Vitamin K,
The preparation of cranberry tea
In order to prepare cranberry tea, you will need:
– A bag of cranberry tea,
– 250ml of water.
Put the water on the heat to boil. Then remove from the heat and pour it over the bag of cranberry tea. Leave it for about ten minutes, then take out the bag and drink whenever you want. If you like, you can add a little cranberry juice or you can also cool it down and add a few ice cubes.
If you want, you can also add a little sugar.
The benefits of cranberry tea
The reasons why cranberry tea is so good are the following:
-Improves the function of vital organs, such as liver and kidneys,
– Regulates the flow of lymph through the body,
– Improves body defense from various bacterial and virus infections (so it speeds up the recovery from the bodily infections that already exist),
– Strengthens the weakened immune system,
– Supplies the body with the necessary vitamins and minerals,
– It’s a natural remedy for regulating blood sugar levels (so it’s especially recommended for people suffering from diabetes),
– Reduces the symptoms of stomach ulcer,
– Prevents cavity and other dental illnesses,
– Prevents cardiovascular diseases (it reduces high bad cholesterol levels and strengthens blood vessels, so it improves heart function),
– Prevents urinary bladder inflammation and infections,
– Enhances metabolism.
Are there any side effects of consuming too much cranberry tea?
Although extremely beneficial, if consumed too much on a daily basis, cranberry tea may have some side effects.
That’s why you shouldn’t drink more than three or four cups of this tea a day.
Possible side effects include the following:
-The forming of kidney stones or its worsening in the case of its former presence. If consumed in the recommended daily dosis, cranberry tea is beneficial for kidneys and it even enhances the expulsion of kidney stones from the body.
However, due to the content of oxalates, if consumed too much, it has opposite effects on kidneys, that is, it enhances the forming of kidney stones.
-Too much cranberry tea may also cause nausea and diarrea.
Are there any people who should avoid cranberry tea?
There are people who should avoid cranberry tea. They are:
-People allergic to aspirin,
– Pregnant women,
– Breastfeeding women.