The truth is in order to get rid of tummy fat you need to focus on nutrition. Yes, losing weight and getting rid of belly fat, is 70% diet 30 % exercise. To explain things in details, if you are looking for 300 calories of food for breakfast, 60 g of potato chips and also 2.5 gram of idli and a bowl of Sāmbhar. So what would you do? Rather which one will you choose? It goes without saying that you will choose idli and Sāmbhar because it will keep you full for longer and give your body the necessary nutrients to function at the optimum level.
Check out some more nutrition advice that helps incinerate the fat around your belly, in other words, here is how to lose belly fat by diet. Check it out,
- Sileo more – Stress is a major factor in making us fat, and when we tend to ignore the fact, we do more harm to our bodies. The quality of your sleep directly impacts the quality of your waking life, including your productivity, your emotional balance, your creativity, physical exuberance and even your weight. No other deed delivers so many benefits with so little effort! Yet you ignore sleep and prefer to give your gadgets more time. You need to sleep for at least 8- 9 hours to reap benefits.
- Eat more after sundown- There are some of us who stuff their mouths at dinner, just before they go off to sleep. This does not give you time to digest food, and the fat accumulates in all the wrong areas of your body. Eat more at breakfast, a little less at lunch and dinner should be your lightest meal. A light veggie soup with protein should do ideally, and if you still cannot let go of your carbs at night, have them but at least 3-4 hours before you hit the snooze button.
- Stay sedentary for the most part of your day- We think we have got our stipulated half an hour of exercise, so your body will be in fat burning mode even if you spent the rest of the day lazing on your couch. Okay, so you will beg to differ and sit on your office chair, doing serious work. That won’t be much help either, now it’s like sitting is the new smoking. So every hour you should go up and walk around, yes, it matters, matters a great deal. Staying active for the better part of the day has a positive impact on your weight loss journey. So move more, sit less.
- Drink fruit juices- You think that is healthy? Well, it is definitely not. Have you checked the labels of your fruit juice? They are full of sugar and shouldn’t be a part of a diet plan to lose belly fat. So not only are you drinking your calories, you are not even fulfilling your nutrient needs. So you will feel famished even though you had consumed quite a large number of calories. Skip the juice, eat the fruit!
- Skip breakfast- Many of us do that, we skip breakfast and then feel so hungry that we end up stuffing our mouth with whatever we can lay our hands on. So it’s usually a bad idea to skip breakfast. For a perfect diet chart to lose belly fat, have a protein and fiber-rich breakfast, add a few good fats and you will have a perfect breakfast, which will keep you satiated for long hours. Oatmeal with eggs is a perfect choice. We will suggest you eat the yolk. That’s where the good fats come in.
Calories in Calories Out
Losing tummy fat is not as complicated as it is made out to be, it is about calories in versus calories out. To make it simpler still, if you need to lose weight; you need to eat fewer calories than you burn each day through exercise and other activities. It goes without saying that how much calorie intake you need to eat each day depends on several factors like your height, weight, and activity level. Find out how many calories you should be consuming each day to lose weight? ([Your weight x 12] – 500 = your daily calorie goal.) But to standardize the whole thing and making the process easier most people will lose weight on a 1,200-calorie diet; you can on this diet because this is also the lowest you can go as far as calories are concerned, each day while still getting all the nutrients you need.
Structuring your meal right
When you answer the question of how to reduce tummy fat, the answer would follow the Indian diet plan, you need to keep several things in mind, to get maximum benefits from the plan, they are the following:
- Boost your metabolism by having 5-6 small meals a day.
- Have unprocessed whole meals, like whole grains, fruits, vegetables. Steer clear of junk food and processed food.
- You can seek supplementation so that you do not suffer from any vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
- Don’t give into late night cravings; it will sabotage your diet plan.
- Snack smart and snack healthy because sometimes you do not cheat during the main meals, but you tend to cheat during those in between meals.
Plan your Meals
We all need a customized meal plan, to fall back upon, so that we know exactly what to eat at what time, planning helps us stick to diet plans better, and if we do not plan out, we tend to lose focus and start binging. So try these breakfast, lunch and dinner options which will hover around 300 calories and will be sufficiently filling, so that there are lesser chances of you overeating.
Perfect Recipe for Breakfast
Breakfast is the most important meal of your day. If you start right and eat the right nutrients, you are less likely to cheat, make sure it is high on nutrition, the right combination of protein, carbs, and fats.
Perfect Recipe for Lunch
Lunch is the time, when you might be busy at work and don’t pay much attention to it and can have anything which is easily available, which probably might not be the healthiest food in the world. You should be more careful what you have for lunch as then you are less likely to feel ravenous around 4 p.m., which is the time when most dieters binge eat.
Perfect Recipe for Dinner
Dinner should be the lightest meal of the day, but that does not mean that they should necessarily be deprived of nutrition. Consider a recipe that would curb your cravings and it is supercharged with nutrition. Say dal, rice with ghee, its simple, nutritious and takes away the bloating and gives you a flat stomach the next day.
So, now that you know all the golden rules for getting flat abs, try and follow them to a t, and combine it with exercise to get great results.